Your belongings are covered
We understand that you’ve entrusted us with your belongings, and we’re pleased to offer this limited guarantee described below. This guarantee is limited, and should not take the place of your own renter’s or homeowner’s insurance. Check with your insurance agent whether your belongings are covered while in storage; if not, this coverage can typically be added to your policy for a small fee.
In the event that the belongings you store with us (your “Belongings”) are lost or damaged while in Omni’s possession, Omni will reimburse you, subject to the conditions described below, for the cost of repair or replacement (whichever is lesser) of the Belongings. The maximum coverage for any Belonging, regardless of size, is $2,000.
This limited guarantee is subject to the following conditions:
- The Belongings are not prohibited by Omni’s Storage Policies, Terms of Service, or any other agreement between you and Omni.
- You have properly packed your Belongings, including by:
- observing the weight limit for each Omni transport bag;
- responsibly padding/protecting fragile items within Omni’s transport bags or other container;
- ensuring that your Belongings meet our standards for storage (do not include/contain restricted item(s) specified on Omni’s list of restricted items, nor leaking, moldy, odorous, unreasonably dirty or otherwise hazardous);
- properly sealing Omni transport bags by zipping them completely closed;
- tagging large items and Omni transport bags with an Omni ID tag;
- having properly dropped them off in your building’s designated pickup area.
- You immediately verify that the Omni ID tag on your Belongings’ packaging is intact upon delivery, and notify Omni of any loss or damage to your Belongings within 48 hours of delivery.
- The liability for loss or damage is covered by Omni’s insurance or that of its third-party contractors.
- You provide Omni, upon request, with reasonable proof of the loss or damage and the cost of repair or replacement.
- You have not breached the Terms of Service, nor any other agreement between you and Omni.
For example, if you have Belongings stored with Omni, and all of your Belongings are damaged/stolen/lost/abducted by aliens, and you have met the conditions above, Omni would reimburse you for up to $2,000 per item.
Please note that the maximum coverage for any single Belonging is $2,000. In above scenario, were you to have only 3 Belongings stored with Omni (regardless of cost), the reimbursement maximum would be $6,000.
This limited guarantee states our exclusive liability, and your exclusive remedy, for any loss of or damage to your belongings. This limited guarantee excludes any indirect damages or other costs not expressly covered above. If any part of this limited guarantee is invalid or not enforceable, the parties intend that it be carried out to the greatest extent permitted, and that the remaining terms of this limited guarantee remain in effect.
Last Updated: January 5, 2015